Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Brown Beans and Cornbread

Nothing brings me closer to home than brown beans and cornbread. It’s a great comfort food. I remember going to my grandmother’s house on more than one occasion for this favorite. My brother Andy didn’t like brown beans and cornbread at the time so Grandma fixed spaghetti for him. And you think I’m spoiled!? They didn’t taste quite like Grandma’s but they weren’t too far off.


I have to thank my mom for sending us the beans and cornbread in our care package. Thanks for a great home cooked meal, Mom!


Russell



2 comments:

  1. Hey Bethany and Russell,

    I have just now caught up on your blog. I love it!! Sounds as if things are going well with you all. That is wonderful!! We are both well and are still staying busy with our volunteer work and my school. I am about to finish my Medical Assistant program-well in two more quarters. This is so I can go on short medical trips.
    Oh-Bethany, Iloved the goat story-or did I? When Carl (our son) was on a team trip in Kenya, they were "honored" with roasted goat.

    Just know you all are thought about so much and we are so grateful for all you are doing.

    Love ya,

    John and Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the skillet that your in-laws sent with James.

    ReplyDelete