Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pushing Your Own Tuk Tuk



Today was wonderful. It felt like getting out of school in the summer time. It was our last day to study at Candlelight Language Center. We’ve been studying for 3 weeks, 3 hours a day. That may not sound like a lot, but your brain can only hold so much. But I’m surprised at how much my brain has been holding. I taught my Lao students at the guesthouse for the last time tonight. They usually help me with my Lao; so I took the liberty of reviewing basically everything I know so far. And even I was surprised at how much I could say. And they were surprised that I’ve only been studying 3 weeks. It made me feel pretty good.


A funny thing happened on the way back from language school today. It’s been raining quite a bit here. And the roads are muddy. We have a little tuk tuk for 6 adults and it already moves quite slowly; so muddy roads didn’t help. Actually, we got stuck; and I had the privilege of pushing our tuk tuk through the mud; and getting it rolling so it could start again. It made me feel like I was in Laos. And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment